Sunday, February 10, 2013

What's for dinner?

I have been trying to be better at planning and preparing meals lately...so I am going to experiment by posting our weekly meal plan on here every Sunday night. This, I'm hoping, will hold me more accountable and be a fun way to share with y'all what we are having for dinner!! I realize you may not care and that's ok because this is more to help me stay on top of making dinners for my fam! : )
 
These menus are going to be flexible because of course there will be nights when something comes up and we won't be home for dinner. But it's a good plan for me to have because most of the time we are home. 
 
Crock pot meals have been by far the best for our family and I will be finding as many recipes as I can for crock pot meals. How can you not love throwing together ingredients in the crock pot (in the morning) and then forgetting about it until you can smell it as it fills up the house with those good smells. Then it's magically ready to eat when it's dinner time, it's amazing! Plus you usually don't have much of a mess to clean up after dinner. It's wonderful! Here's what's for dinner...
 
Monday: Beef tacos, chips and salsa
 
Tuesday: Simply Tasty Chicken Pasta (from Crockingirls website), sauteed zucchini and yellow squash
 
Wednesday: Leftovers
 
Thursday: Hickory Smoked Brisket (Crockingirls), green beans, and potatoes
 
Friday: Date night!
 
Saturday: Chicken and Wild Rice soup (Crockingirls)
 
Sunday: Leftovers
 
 
Ingredients Needed:
(I didn't include the ingredients I already have on hand)
1 lb. beef
Taco seasoning
Sour cream
Tortillas
Salsa
Shredded Cheese
Chips
12 oz. Queso Blanco Velveeta Cheese
32 oz. Marinara sauce
Cream of Mushroom Roasted Garlic Soup (never heard of this!)
8-10 chicken breasts
pkg. of pasta, any kind
zucchini
3-4 lb. beef brisket
large onion
4 carrots
8 cups chicken broth
3 cups whole-grain rice
1 cup evaporated milk
potatoes
 
Did you notice a theme in our menu?! Crockingirls.com is a great website for crock pot recipes! That's my source for recipes at the moment! Let me know if you have any great recipes we should try. : )
 
Happy Meal Planning!
 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment