Our day typically starts around 8:30 or 9:00 in the morning. Yes, I normally try to sleep in until the boys wake up which is 9:00 some mornings!! Every once in a while I contemplate whether or not to wake up at 7:30 and get some house work done before the boys wake up but I quickly shoot down that idea. I tell myself that I will be better off with more sleep than having the house clean. Once Hayden starts sleeping through the whole night I will probably wake up earlier. Right now he wakes up 2 or 3 times most nights and I either feed him or give him his paci. So by the time morning rolls around I am still exhausted.
A lot of mornings after Weston wakes up he will watch cartoons. His favorite show currently is Word World. I will feed him oatmeal for breakfast while I sip on my coffee. I like my coffee really hot so it takes me forever to finish a cup. I have to keep heating it up in the microwave to get it hot. Sometimes it’s 11 before I’ve finished one cup of coffee. I need to work on drinking it faster. So after breakfast we all hang out in the living room usually. Hayden loves being on his tummy so he will be on the floor and Weston plays or watches cartoons. He plays while watching cartoons too. I try to keep his t.v. watching to a minimum but sometimes I just need him to be “busy” watching t.v. so I can get something off my checklist checked off. We also color, play outside, or run errands depending on the day and the boys’ mood.
Lunch time is around noon and peanut butter and jelly is the food of choice for Weston. He doesn’t mind eating the same thing every day so I don’t mind feeding him the same thing almost every day. Not too long after lunch is nap time for both the boys. Hayden sometimes takes a short nap in the mornings but he seems to like to take one long nap when Weston takes his nap. So around 1ish I am able to put both boys down!!! I thank God for that time to myself because it is much needed. I spend that time doing my Bible study, cleaning, eating, crafting, and watching some HGTV. Weston sleeps 2 to 3 hours and Hayden sleeps about the same, maybe a bit longer. It’s wonderful!
After nap time it’s around 4:30 pm and we don’t have much longer before Jordan gets home. A lot of the time we go outside and Weston rides his bicycle or we play baseball. Hayden hangs out in his bouncy seat and he is happy just to be outside. We don’t go on walks very often. We need to start walking again though.
Jordan gets home from work around 6:30 or 7 in the evening and I try to have dinner ready. In the evenings we try to have lots of family time and squeeze bath time in there before bed. Bedtime is around 8:30 or 9:00 for Weston. Hayden goes down by 9:30.
Well…there is a typical day for us! You may or may not have wanted to know all that but it will be fun for me to look back on this post years from now and remember the “simple life” of having young boys at home. I love being a mommy and I love getting to stay at home!
No comments:
Post a Comment