Wednesday, October 31, 2012

God is good!

I had to share about a little prayer God answered for me. Monday was a frustrating day. I had the boys by myself for the first time in a week and my shoulder was/is still not completely 100%. Needless to say it was difficult. The boys weren't any different than most days but since I couldn't do my normal thing it was hard. Normally I don't like staying in the house all day but I didn't feel like I wanted to take the boys out by myself with my shoulder so we stayed in our house all day. When Jordan got home that evening I left him with the boys and I went to the grocery store. While at the grocery store I was in a daze and not in the smiling mood . While I was shopping I told God how nice it would be to get a good hug from a friend! It's always nice to talk to a friend especially on a not-so-good day and they have a way to make you feel better. So as I was in a daze just checking off my grocery list...my good friend came up behind me and surprised me! It had been several minutes since I had prayed (and by praying I just mean talking to God in my head while shopping). It was such a sweet moment because I realized God heard me and He gave me my hug that I asked for. : ) Some people may say that was a coincidence and not believe the Lord had anything to do with it. But I strongly believe God uses people to speak to us sometimes and in this case it was through a hug. He couldn't give me a physical hug himself but He could send someone to give me one! After that my spirit brightened and my attitude towards the day changed.
How powerful is our God?! These are the moments I never want to forget. So easily these amazing moments can be forgotten and what a sad thing. I pray that I can use moments like these to strengthen my faith and my trust in the Lord and know that although He doesn't always answer our prayers like this, He is faithful and He does have a plan. Praise God!!
"For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." Psalm 100:5

No comments:

Post a Comment